The WeBigInc Early 90s wrapped up last week and we decided, why wait til the Houston opener? Well, we're not. So we whipped up another retro game but decided to choose three which are a lot closer to the upcoming 2021 Monster Energy Supercross season. More current riders from the 2017, 2018 & 2019 seasons.
Three seasons the series saw three different Champions. From Dungey to Anderson to Webb. And we added every single 450 rider who scored a point, all 77 riders. From Tomac to to Heath Harrison. Below are some FAQs and a quick recap of the game. As well as some links I suggest you check out. Let the games begin!
Q : I chose 8 riders but I assume the races from 17 18 and 19 are only 450 SX main events?
Yea, just the 450 mains from those 3 seasons. We entered the results for all 51 main events in our MXD360 database, and the computer randomly picks one from 2017 on Monday, 2018 on Weds and 2019 on Fri. 4 weeks (rounds) with 12 mains.
Q : But riders like mcelrath raced 250? So is it 250 and 450 mains?
Just 450. McElrath raced Daytona once and got an 11th. So he's included in the 450 points. And Oz only raced 450 in 2019, so that's the only season he will score points in. Basically Friday night's.
No, 21SX Preseason is just 450 riders and races.
Q : If so, do riders like Osborne count in both? IE he raced 250 in 2017 and 450 in 2019?
Like above, Oz will only score points in his 450 season in 2019. No 250 points for this game.
Q : Also is my 3 million budget reset each week? IE left over money doesn't carry over to the following week?
No carry over. It was something we considered but decided against it. Your $3 mill is for one week. And the team you hire will be your team for one week of races. Monday, Weds and Friday. We will reset the salary after each week to kind of represent the results as the series moves along. IE, you will have a total of four 8 rider teams to hire. Lock out will take place Monday night's at 7pm.
I've also included some images that will be very helpful info. It's basically similar to a draft day cheat sheet they have for NFL fantasy football.
If you can print these off. It's each season final point standings with each riders race by race finish. It will give you an idea of who to hire despite not knowing what races are going to be randomly drawn.
Below are the PDF links for the 2017, 18 & 19 seasons and the final point standings, as well as each riders per race finishes. You should definitely print all three of these off and refer to them. Makes the hiring process way easier each week. You might need to use a laptop or PC to open the links. If you cant open them on your phone, try this link.
AMA Supercross Archives
2019 450 Season Points with positions
2018 450 Season Points with positions
2017 450 Season Points with positions
During the Covid lock down this past spring, alot of dirt bike fans grew pretty bored with no races. My group of friends were no different. Our usual active text thread had gone a little quiet. So I decided to take advantage of the break and created a flashback game which uses old races. They proved to be a lot of fun and had us watching old races we would have never taken the time to rewatch. So we decided to bring them to MXD360.
Here's a quick look at the Rules & FAQ for 21SX Preseason.
Let's get down to the basics.
- We created a flashback game that uses only the 450 main events from the 2017, 18 & 19 SX seasons.
- We entered every main event from the three seasons into our MXD360 database. For each race, the computer will randomly spit out a race which we will use to score. Just because the races were ran a handful of years ago, managers will not know which race is coming up. Only the cloud knows.
- Beginning this Monday night, December 14th at 8pm CST, we will drop the gate on our first random race from 2017. Wednesday night's race will come from ‘18 with ‘19 on Friday night's. A three race week will represent 1 round.
- The 21SX Preseason game be 4 rounds, consisting of 12 races over 4 weeks. The final race, from 2019, will be Friday night, January 8th. 2021.
- Following each round, salaries will be reset to reflect the previous races. The hiring window will be open from Saturday morning until the following Monday evening. Lock out will be Monday's at 7pm cst.
- You must hire a new of team of 8 riders after each round. Managers cannot hire the same rider in consecutive rounds.
- Riders listed in red are considered HOT. If a HOT rider finishes in the top 10, they will receive a 10pt bonus for that race.
- A team consists of 8 riders under the $3 million salary cap.
- Original starter salaries are based on a rider's total points earned over the three seasons. (17, 18 & 19)
We hope this helps explain our upcoming 21SX Preseason game. This new game is to get everyone ready for our upcoming Storm Lake Honda 2021 Supercross game. Hiring current riders like Tomac, Marv, Kenny, Webb, Anderson should give everyone an idea of how the game works a little better.
Let us know what you think and as always, thank you for taking the time out of your busy weekly schedules to play and for selecting MotoXDream360.
Note: The Q&A above have been added to our Frequently Asked Questions.